Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Details from our elopement... (Posted by Tara)




Wow, in less than a month we will have been married for a year already!  And I just realised that I never shared the details on our blog!!!

On April 1st, 2011 we set off on a road trip to Telegraph Retreat at Telegraph Point (near Port Macquarie NSW) to be married the next day, April 2nd, 2011.  Not a single person besides us knew that we were eloping and we couldn't wait to surprise everyone!


Our wedding was a very intimate and relaxed day... and an amazingly perfect day!  

We planned a romantic vintage theme, with a touch of country and little details that meant things to us...

Our cake, made by me the night before

The boys shirts
Me getting ready


The Ceremony sign we made together


We said our vows under a chandelier
 Our ceremony was at 11am and I walked to meet my soon-to-be husband to the song "you had me from hello" by Kenny Chesney


After the ceremony we had a picnic lunch and had some photos taken, then we rang our immediate family to tell them the good news.  We then texted a photo to other family and close friends, then posted on facebook with the status "he liked it so he put a ring on it"... 


A game of croquet...



Our cake table...

My bouquet












In the evening we had an intimate dinner together in a private dining room.

A beautiful day to begin a beautiful marriage...

Photography by Michelle-Leigh Photography




1 comment:

  1. Well I must say you shocked the socks off of me when I got the text and a gorgeous picture of the two of you with a "just married" sign... it was just such a gorgeous thing to do. I was delighted to be involved with your hens/kitchen tea and unbeknowns to me the hostess lol.... great memories with a great friend. Love you lots guys xxxx

    ReplyDelete